Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Best Days...

Today it seems that i just cant stop myself from witing one post after the other... Its a Bloggy Good day today... lol...

so now... on with the blog...

i saw some of my childhood pics... and today i saw a baby pic of one of my frenz... n i recalled a question that a friend had asked me many years back... "what do you think was the best phase of your life..till now"...n pat...my reply was... "my childhood...when i was really young and used to live with my grandparents..." he asked me a smiple question... "did you know at that time that it was the best phase of your life".... and then it hit me... our childhood is undisputedly the best phase of our lives... whn we dont have any worries... no responsibilities...and we r spoilt by our parents...and grandparents... we dont have any pretensions in our mind... we do what our heart says... blissfully unaware of all the worries n tensions... but... the most imp thing is that we dont enjoy it conciously... we were not aware that what we had was one of the most treasured moments of our lives...and thus it doesnt qualify as the 'best phase'... i feel that the best phase is when you are aware that yes...this is th best phase of my life...most of the times we dont realize what we r living right now is th best phase... it might be our childhood or any other age later on...we give in to the human tendency...longing to do something else.. not realizing that what we have right now might be one of the best things...whn we r kids we want to grow up... when we r in school we want to goto college... and whn we grow up...we want to be kids agen...!!!! we are never satisfied... we need to enjoy each n every moment... rathr conciously enjoy it... coz life is a mix of struggles n joys... for the want of the larger joys... the little bits of joys shud nt be ignored...

coming back to the discussion bout the phase....For many it might be their college days... or mayb their school days ... in the senior classes... for some it might be the days when they see their kids grow up into fine people... it can be anything...

im nt picking my college days...coz i hardly attended college... i was in lucknow ... my Dad got transferred ovr thr... n my college out thr...although one of the best in lucknow... was so so... oh forget it... its just not worth talking bout it in this post which speaks of the best phase of my life...n not evn my school days which were spread ovr various cities and schools... coz at that time i was a very different person... too shy... had a small number of frenz... i lost touch with them whn we moved out of the city... and somehow whn i did regain touch... i found out that most of them had movd away... the warmth was missing................. :( ..

for me... till now.. it has to be th current phase of my life... the time when im just beginnin my career... when im getting my training in a reputed firm... living in the city of opportunities... making new friends... and when im starting to earn a bit... although its just my stipend... which i feel is just some extra pocket money for me... but it has given me the power to be independent... to do things on my own... now im no longr dependent on my parents for each and every need of my life... in fact now i also sometimes surprise them by paying my own college fees... or buying some small gifts for my family... the smiles on their faces give me immense satisfaction n happiness... th feeling that i feel cannot be expressed in words... its somethng which im sure most of us would understand... the phase of life from where you start to be independent... and you start to do little things to bring happiness on the faces of your loved ones like they used to when we were youngr...

i know im very young and i have to see a lot of things in life... and its too early to sit and think bout the best phase...but i felt like writing bout what i hv felt till now...there r a lot of things that i would want from here on... in fact as i said...this is just the start...and im sure better days r to come... but thn till now this has to be it... hands down... im thankful to God...my parents..grand parents..my friends..and everyone else who has contributed to whatevr little i hv achieved till today... im thankful to them for making me able enough to see this phase... :) ...

2 comments:

bondgal_rulz said...

We couldnt wait to be five years oldeer five years ago and we wish we were five years younger right about now...ironic but true !!

Most of us frequently ponder and miss our "wonder years" as we call them. I for one miss that childish innocence,taht stupor, the gentle cajoling on my mother's lap and most of all growing up.Now we are what we have made ourselves. We have grown up, at least most of us have. And that pang of depression hits us again anad again, " We can't have all that back."

But honestly, are nt we cozy now, being an ignorant young man/woman ? I mean here we are with our superficial ideas and naive views of the real world, and if we think for a second, we are in a much better position tahn what we put ourselves to be in.
I mean when are we ever going toi wear those ridiculously gaudy pieces of outfits again in our lives ? whan are we going to take time out from our busy schedule to gawk at the oppsite sex ?

we have no worries now. we are just cribbing bcos we are so not satisfied with wht v alreay have. Our parents take care of all our real problems. We don't feel the burden they do, to raise us. so what's there to complain abt ? Blv it or nt, we are totally unwinding ourselves rght now !!

so with this post, let's raise a toast to life and everything it stands for, for now are the best years of our lives :)

Karan said...

thanks for ur reply Isha... :) ... what you said is something i agree with... and hv mentioned in my post too... esp the childhood part... i completely believe that childhood is one age where we are unaware of all the things happening all around us... rather ... blissfully unaware... but then i feel that no matter what age we are in.. we always have our set of problems and worries... mayb u can exculde the childhood years... but apart from that... even today... all of us .. whether we are young adults ... or adults... we all have our own set of problems... i personally feel that yes mayb our parents do take care of our problems... but thn i feel they hv moulded me in such a way that i can take on any problem.. i wud definitely like to have their advice in all that i do.. n value that with all that i have... but thn i believe that i wud hv better years ahead... when i would be able to achieve my dreams... reach my goals... n move towards newer ones... life never stops thorowing up challanges... and im up for it... :) ... i know the current phase in my life is the best... but its best only till date... !!! :)