Monday, April 13, 2009

Everything happens for a REASON...

During the past few days, rather months, a few things have happened that I, as at the moment, am forced to think were not so good. I feel things could, rather should have been different. I was forced to leave a company which many (including me) dream to get into. And, I have my CA exams in november. I so want this course to get over now. I'm eagerly waiting for getting those 'two alphabets - CA' as a prefix in my name. Life seems to have hit a rut. But, as it has happened in the past.....

[Past - After my 10th grade Boards I was all set to get into the science stream..to be able to pursue my long cherished dream of doing Software Engineering. I was always fond of computers,and this was something that I had always thought of taking up as a career. I had filed my form for getting readmitted in my school (in Ahmedabad) in the 11th grade in the science stream. But,when I went for submitting the form, I found out something that would change the course of my life forever. I remember it very vividly. I had gone to my school with my Chachu, and Dad was at office. They said the criteria for getting into science was 60 marks each in Maths, Science and English, and I had 89 in Science, 85 in English, and 52 in Maths................. I was shattered !! Maths had always scared me. Thanks to a teacher in my 9th and 10th grade, I had become Arithmophobic. And now it had led to this - NO SCIENCE....................... I went back to home, spoke to Dad, and he managed to convince me that commerce was not a bad option at all. I somehow filled in my form and got into commerce, and I ended up losing touch with most of my good friends in school who had taken up engineering in various colleges. Their bonds grew stronger, and I got left out. :(

And after only 10-15 days of studying in that school, we moved to Surat, and over there I could have taken up science. But, I had made up my mind. So I continued with commmerce, and I used to hate it in the beginning. But, gradually I started liking it, and then we moved again, this time to Rajkot. I did my 12th grade frm there. Over there I enrolled for taking Maths and Accounts tutions, and to my surprise, I started loving both the subjects. I got to study and clarify my concepts from two wonderful teachers (concepts - one of the most important things that one needs to undersntand and like a subject), and I scored well in both the subjects, 90 in Maths !! GoodBye Arithmophobia, Hello Commerce !!]

I have this huge regret, or whtevr u wud call it. First, I was this complete shy and introvert baby in school... no fun, only books & a few friends, with whom I couldn't even maintain contact due to my frequent moves from one city to the other. And then I wasn't able to enjoy my college life. During my Grad, I was in a college in lucknow (my Dad is a banker, and we kept on moving frm one place to the other) and to top it all, the college was a boyz college. No activites, no fun, not many friends, just sucky politics, elections and nothin else. And I'm a student of CA which is a self study course, so no classroom studies, no college, no college group... nothing.

I so feel that i hv missd out the college group fun - the night outs, the road trips, the hostel fun and the not so fun part of it, the games on college LAN... Oh God... how could i miss so many things ??? I was so not into fun...................

But now, when I look back at those petty things in accounts which used to freak me out at that time, I get amused. I now feel that it was so silly of me to think of it like that. The only problem was that I took some time to adjust. By God's grace, things have turned out fine. I'm pursuing two courses which I'm goin to finish soon, I did a substantial part of my internship from a very good place...something which I always dreamed of, and I can say that I have a good set of friends (Touchwood..!!) But still I'm getting this feelin that I mentioned in the beginning of this post.. of life having hit a rut. But, I get a reassurance from the fact that in the past too things were seemingly pretty bad, and my life had taken a completely different course from what I had wanted. And it was all for good. So many things that are happening now, my friends, the cities that I lived in, my experiences, the whole way that I live life, might not have happend had I filled my form for the science stream. I don't know what they would have been, but as I have mentioned in the title of this post... 'EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON' !! I guess there were some very good reasons for evrything that happened... some that I can see.. and some that I can't. One that I can see is that if it wud not hv been this way, then I wudn't have realized the value of such things, people and experiences, which I now do.. immensely. And, thus I'm trying to make the most of it, because these years of life...The Best Days (refer my earlier post)... they are never going to come back (time never comes back, but these days are extremely special). I'm trying to have a bit of fun, and by God's grace, have been able to come - into contact / back into contact, with a few people whom I consider to be my good friends. :) And then, later on when I would do my MBA, I'm going to make sure to make the most of it, make up for all that I have missed in the past... :) ... Yaaaaayyyy... :P :D ...

I read this wonderful mail today...

'God know exactly and with perfection about what is being allowed to happen to you in your life at this precise moment...

His purpose is simple..He wants to show you things that only you can understand by living what you are living, And by being in the place you are now...'

I know God's watching over me, and thus I'm open to all the surprises and challanges that life has in store for me. I'm sure many would not agree to this, and even I would not feel this way many times in my life. But, then I would look at this post, think about my past, and try to get back in sync with the twists and turns. :) I try to be flexible, and would continue to do so, and enjoy the journey as much as the destination !!

So Life... Bring it on...!!! :)

16 comments:

IceMaiden said...

Amazin post!! made me think of hw i ended up makin choices that changed d course fo my life... so many of them.. n if i wudnt hav had made them, i wudnt be wht i am today.. so right said.. "whtever happens.. hapens for a reason.."

:) :) :)
cheers,
Annie..

Netika Lumb said...

I will not leave a comment.. Don't plan to invite any trouble..

Onward said...

hey karan,

Thought i d drop by...i like these optimism filled posts, so diff from my kind :-)...and the rough life sketch gives me a better idea of u too..

Bro..if u r always gonna be full of all this optimism, it is def gonna be like u said...in a year or 2 you r gonna look back at this post and smile..a dazzling happy smile..

nice post

cheers

Anonymous said...

Heyyyy...Mr.SpringBlossoms...
You've perfectly figured out life nicely.
No matter how blessed one might be we always wish for something more. That's the surge to live life, discover the unknown , the sweet taste of success after the toil and failures which stand beneath you like rock solid foundation; you can savour it only after you've walked through the dark to see the light. :)

My dad is a CA who did his grads in pure science and he always says commerce makes hell lotta more sense than math and that CA is eons difficult to crack then JEE or ne such coveted science stream future option...

From your posts you come across as someone who no matter what finds a reason to be happy, who is a die-hard optimist....stay that way. Don't postpone your happiness for a later achievement, what has come now shall come to pass in some time...and all you'll have is the remnants of those moments, some happy moments, some lessons learnt the hard way.

as you've put it accurately, everything happens for a reason.

You are a blessed kid to have so much exposure owing to traveling so much, you sure must have aced the art to fit in and gel anywhere you wish to....all of those traits are assets, when you would do your MBA you'll shine through...


PS: No matter how many friends you make in your later years, the kiddo frens(or foes for that matter) always warm up your heart, don't they? :)

Arnav said...

Amazing , I just have to say bravo :) ...
I completely believe in the same philosophy - "'God know exactly and with perfection about what is being allowed to happen to you in your life at this precise moment..."
I too realize the same lately - I lost a wonderful friend in the past and I was angry about it to such an extent that i started hating life... but than I realized that incident made me the person I am now , That one loss taught me a hell lot of things ,and today I just Love my self and all credit goes to that one incident . I also found my best friend due to the same incident and yes I am back in touch with the lost friend of mine :)
Steve jobs gave a speech in Stanford , where he said that, " one cannot join the dots of life looking forward , he could do that only lookin backward ". How true :)
Even in my proffesional font , the same belief has been reinforceed again and again
God watches us all and has made perfect plans ,if only we realize it and just keep working ..
As Gita has said , " Karm karo ful ki chinta mat karo- woh mujhpe choro " - "Do your work without thinking baout the result/benfit , leave that to me " ...
This statement if followed does magic...

Great Go karan...

bondgal_rulz said...

As I have alreday told you before, AWESOME post. Just reflects what an optmistic person you are and how you fill others' life with positivity too.

And I am also waiting for you to become a CA and then we have apna partnership ka business too, right? ;)

I wish I could turn conversations into posts too. :)

Cheers

Karan said...

@ Annie -

:) .. u bet... so .. keep smiling.. try nt to let anything take that away...

Cheers...

Karan said...

@ Netika -

I hope u wud leave one..

Karan said...

@ Amith -

:) .. different from ur kind ??!! hehe.. i don't think so.. we all have our days... frm what i have read at ur blog.. u don't sound very differnt... :) ..

And as far things aftr a year or two are concerned... i sure hope so... :) ...

Thanks for visiting.. and following.. :)

Cheers...

Karan said...

@ Princess

you can savour it only after you've walked through the dark to see the light... lovd that.. and i completely agree.

You Dadz a CA ... hehe.. nice. And about CA being difficult, well, i do admit that it is difficult, but i don't know about the other streams. So commenting on that wud b unfair, and i consider all the streams to b difficult given the amount of competition that we have evrywhr.

Yes, i try to be optimist at most of th times, my upbringing is largely responsible for that.I agree with what you have said, finding happiness in small things in life and being happy with the present scenario is extremely important. :)

And as far traveling and gelling in new environments goes, yes i do find it easier, and i hope it wud help me in future. But i personally feel every coin has its pros and cons, and traveling gave me this ability, but at the cost of having good childhood friends. I really feel a vacuum as far as that is concerned.

Karan said...

@ Arnav,

You are absolutely right, it is always easier to see things better in hindsight. It was good to hear that you regained touch with your old friend, made a new one and also benefited from the incident.. :)

The Steve Jobs quote is superb..!! It sums up my post in one line... :) ..

I agree... That statement can work wonders indeed.. We just need to have faith in our abilities and of course in God.. :) ..

Cheers..

Karan said...

@ Isha - Thanks for your generous comments... :)

And the partnership thing is so on..!!! :)

Turning conversations into posts.. lolz.. it was rathr a post in my mind which popped up in a conversation..!! :) .. But turnin conversations into posts sounds like a good idea..!! :)

Deepika said...

I agree... my past is also filled with somewhat unexpected twists at every step... which i mentioned in my first blog post :)
but as you said
'God know exactly and with perfection about what is being allowed to happen to you in your life at this precise moment...


His purpose is simple..He wants to show you things that only you can understand by living what you are living, And by being in the place you are now...'
Everything happens for a reason and God knows better :)

Nidhi said...

Hi Karan,

You know your post is one of those things you say/hear/read which makes you go hmmmmm..

I feel, this is the way it’s all designed to be. At this stage in our lives when we’ve only just begun our working careers we look back and think what one thing could have changed where I am right now, and would I rather be here or somewhere else? And things we think we’d never care to think about, we miss a lot

It’s good to not get what you planned for your life, because god is a better planner and he wants you to have something better :)

Cheers

Karan said...

@ Deepika... :) .. all of us have many twists and turns in our lives... sometimes easy to adjust to.. sometimes not..

But God does know better... :) ..

Cheers... :)

Karan said...

@ Devil's Own -

I agree.. thr are many things that wud have made our lives hugely differnt had they not happened / happened... many little things that have made us what we are today...

i agree with what you said.. God is indeed a better planner and wants us to have something better... :) ...

Cheers..

PS - but i do hope he is going to give me the data on my disk back...................