Friday, July 24, 2009

Twelve Things that I want to achieve in my 'TWEENHOOD'


Tagged by - Deepika .. Thank You.. :) ...

There are many many things that i want to achieve in my 'Tweenhood', or as we say, my Twenties. I know everything wouldn't be possible, I would be able to do/get certain things, and I might not be able to do/ get the others. But, I'm a dreamer and I would never stop dreaming and working to achieve them.

I had read this somewhere - 'The Battle is still not over, as i haven't won it yet.' So, we need to keep trying, and if we are motivated enough, and work hard for it, nothing can stop us from getting it. (I know, i know, i have heard this many times... I'm an optimist. And, nothing can stop me from being so. It just comes from within. :) ....) We can't get something, until and unless we dream about it, and then work for it. Protect your dreams from the practilities of life and keep working towards them. It doesn't matter how silly a dream might be, if you want it, go get it, no matter what others have to say about it. :)

But, since i have to list down only 12 things here, I would list down those ones that are high on my priority list. This seems like a list that Vinay Pathak made in the movie Dasvidaniya..!! Lol..!! But, I'm not going to die people. I'm going to be here for a long time to keep troubling you. :D .. So, here goes...

1. The most important thing for me at the moment is to complete my CA (and get those two letters as a prefix for my name), start working in a reputed company, and improve upon the foundation of my professional skills, that was laid during the days of my internship. I want to have a life for me, my family & close friends where no price tags exist.

2. I will take up my hobbies - photography & singing in a more serious manner. I will buy a professional camera, attend photography workshops, and join a photography club to help me improve my photography. I will also learn singing from a professional.

3. I have always been fascinated by the umpteen number of languages that people use to communicate. I know 4 at the moment, and i want to increase that. I will learn French / Spanish, and Mandarin. I will also learn how to read and write in my mother tongue Sindhi. (I can only speak it as of now, but would like to change that, for the better.)

4. I will my MBA degree after a few years of work from a globally acclaimed college.

5. I was a complete non-dancer when i was younger. But, some years back, i took part in a dance performance in a family wedding, and have become addicted to it ever since. I learnt salsa for a brief period, but couldn't continue it due to my internship and studies. I will get back to dancing, salsa and jive in particular, learning it, and taking part in performances. Bring on the dancing shoes.. :D

6. I had learnt the basics of the martial arts Taekwondo & Karate when i was younger. I will learn more of Taekwondo, and improve my skills in it. I feel it is very important to be able to defend ourselves and our family in times of distress.

7. I will take part in all sorts of adventure sports. I have always been fascinated by them, and would love to do stuff like Bungee Jumping, Sky diving, Para Gliding (all associated with the human desire to FLY.. :D ), Scuba Diving and so on.. :D

8. I will learn to blow a whistle (seeti .. :D :P ).. that shrill type which is blown using one / two fingers, it has various techniques. The one they use to call cabs in movies. It can be very handy at times. :D .. (Waise, i do know how to blow one type of whistle - the one without using any fingers, by simply shaping up the lips in a particular way.. couldn't think of any other way to describe it.. :D )

9. I will Travel the world - Disney Land at various places, Egypt, Africa, New Zealand, China, Europe, Bahamas, The Carribbean, and most definitely all the intriguing places in India like Lakshwadeep, the back waters of Kerela, The North -East, Kedarnath, Badrinath and so on, I want to see it all. There's only one life to live, and i want to make the most of it. :) .. These travels would begin soon and continue well after my tweens.

10. I will marry a girl. (No surprises here, I'm perfectly straight. :) ... )

11. I will contribute to social causes in terms of time and money, to the best of my capabilities. I feel that if i have been given something, i'm blessed, and i should try and give some of it to others, to make their lives a bit better. I pray to God to help me bring smiles on the faces of others.

12. And, most importantly, I will ENJOY LIFE. Work Hard, and Party Harder. :) ... Accepting each and every challenge that life throws my way, and trying my best to ace it. This is something that I will continue doing well beyond my 'Tweenhood'...all my life.. :)

(I also want to learn to fly an airplane. This might happen after my tweens. Too many thinsg to be done before it.)

All the above things are high on my priority list, but I have listed them in a random order. One might happen before the other, but i would try my best to make sure that they happen. I have faith in myself and in God. :)

I have shared some of my dreams through this post, in a brief manner, since they are something very personal to me, and i don't want to blow my own trumpet on a public platform. I have also left out a few things that are very high on my priority, but still, i wouldn't like to mention them here. I would rather have my actions speak for me. For further details, please contact me. :) ..

Okay... now I Tag...

GS,
Gargi...

Go on people.. share your dreams.. :) ... And NO EXCUSES.. Everyone has to do it.. :) ...

and any other people who are reading it and want to do it..go right ahead.. :) .. but don't forget to leave a comment or a link so that i can have a look.. :) ..

PS - I want to thank Yashwi for helping me sort out my confusion and zeroing on such a rocking template. :) .. Thank Youu Yashwi... :) ... I hope you guys like the new refreshed look. :)

18 comments:

Deepika said...

m first one...you cheater you copied few from my list :P

Good Luck.... May all your dreams come true!! :D

Netika Lumb said...

1, Lovely template.. really nice..
2. You sing????? :P Really?? This is news. Now you know what are next conversation will be ;)
3. seeti! Yar mujhe bhi.. even I will use it, I know it's not a very feminine thing to do, but bhai also wants to learn it.
4. Going by your aspirations, I doubt if you'll marry a girl before your 40's.
5.papa ne Nigeria main koi sone ki khaan dhund li, that you will travel so many places???

And don't worry, it's a matter of 6 months and you'll get what you want.
good luck ! :)

G said...

nice one =)
i like the whistle one..lol..i have always wanted to learn that!..my friend use to do that.... sounds good ;)

and traveling the world is good!..i would love to do that too!

contributing to social causes is on my list as well =)
When and if i get to a point that i am capable or in a situation to contribute to such a cause..i would love to.

wish u all the best with ur wishes =)

take care =)

Anonymous said...

i wrote a thesis of a comment here and then they show me error, do you wish to see non secure items or smthing equally bogus.

Pissed x-(

will come back and comment later. :(

Punk

Karan said...

@ Deepika - yes you are the first one.. :)

and.. I DIDN'T COPY any.. they are just common.. :) :) ..

Thank you so much.. :) ...

Karan said...

@ Netika -

1) Thank You.. :) ..
2) :D :D .. now you have proof..!! :D ..
3) lol..!! :P .. it is unisex.. comes in handy no matter whether you area guy or a girl.. :) .. tabhi toh it figures on my list..!! :P
4) Kuch bhi..!! some of these would continue after my tweens as well.. and i dont think they are going to get in the way of my marriage..!! .. fikar mat karo.. :P ..
5) sone ki khaan nai.. woh toh south africa mein hai.. wahan tel ka kuan mil gaya hai..!! :P ..

I feel dreams should be larger than life.. if you aim for the moon, you would end up getting the stars. so.. Aim high..!! :) ..

Thanks for your wishes.. :) ..

Karan said...

@ Gargi -

Lol..!! whistle nai.. 'seeti'..:P .. go learn it.. im sure it wud b fun.. :) ..

Travelling rocks..!! you have already begung ur journey.. im yet to start it.. but should happen soon.. !! :) ..

That would be great.. :) .. good luck.. :) ..

thank you for your wishes.. :) ..

I see that you have visited after long time.. Keep visiting.. :) ..

Karan said...

@ Punk - thesis of a comment ??!! and you couldn't post it ??!! :( ..

do comment soon..

c ya.. :) ..

Amruta said...

hey karan.....

really nice...

i feel like jotting down my things to do in my tweenies too...
thanx for the word"tweenines".. was a bit confused where was i after my teenhood!! :)

and would make my list too... i must say some of the things are very similar to my wishlist...as in the social cause ,making ppl smile, adventure activities...

and ur blog looks simply beautiful nw...will copy you soon.. :)

Karan said...

@ Amruta -

:) .. go on and do it right away.. you have been tagged.. :) .. its not a tag for only those who are in their twenties... anyone who has not yet entered their thirties can do it.. be it a teenager or a twenty something person...

now you know.. you are a tween.. :) ..

and ur list is similar to mine ha.. make it.. wud have a look.. :) .. zyada copy mat karna..!! :P

thanks for your compliments.. :) ..

bondgal_rulz said...

I read this wayyyyy back and commented too!! But stupid college net ne dhokha de dia!! :( :(

Anyway, very nicely done tag here. :) I dun think there's any point in me doing it since half the things I wanna do, you have already jotted down. :)

And AWESOME template. :) :)

Cheers

Nidhi said...

Ok first, guilty as charged! haven't been around for long.

Like the new look, and also noticed that you've been going slow on the dots! I like!

Jive! Salsa! I didn't know! Good going!

Enjoy life - should continue to happen in threens, quadreens.. so on and so forth!

Disneyland et al... Me too! :)

Good luck! Keep posted!

(Awwww shucks!!!You tagged me again!!!)

Karan said...

@ Isha -

koi nai re.. hota hai. :)

and you said only half things na, so do the tag..for the rest half !! lol :P koi bahana nai chalega !!

thank youuuuu for the appreciation :D :D

Karan said...

@ Nidhi -

What guilty ?? it is okay. :) bas ab keep visiting and also updating your blog. :)

The new look - thank you thank you. :D And yes, i have made a conscious effort to reduce the dots. :)

And yes, I have been bitten by the dance bug of late. :P

Enjoying life all through - point taken. And also loved the ingenuity of the new words.. threens & quadreens. LOL..

DISNEYLAND... :D :D cant wait to go there asap.

Thanks for your wishes. :)

(And shucks yes.. DO IT..!!! :P )

The Chirping Chick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Photography and singing
languages
mba
dancing
martial arts
adventure sports
travel the world
marry a girl
social work

aur kuchh bach gaya kya? you could have written all that i want is everything :P

Jokes apart, I really think its a very sensible list and may god bless you and help you accomplish all of em.

Try not too make too many sisters outta girls otherwise, marrying a girl might rmeian a dream. tumne toh national pledge seriously le liya ;););) hint hint hint...

as of blowing a whistle....main kab kaam aaungi. :D:D

Tag done on my blog btw!

Karan said...

@ Princess - yeah EVERYTHING - that is pretty much what I want!! :P Bas itna sa khwab hai!! :)

Thanks for your wishes. :) Tumhare mooh mein White Chocolate Lindt!! :P

And don't worry about the pledge thing. Aisi koi problem nai hogi!! lol..

tumhain whistle bajana aati hai?!! WOW!! I'm J!! :P

PS - I'm really sorry for the late reply to the blog. I have put up a 'recent comments' gadget on my blog to avoid missing any comments. :)

Karan said...

Ah.. memories... :)